New Student Registration Information
Registration is held every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dolton School District 149
New Student Registration Requirements
New Student Registrations will be taken on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. beginning on Thursday, August 11th.
A person who knowingly or willfully provides false information to a school district regarding the residency of a pupil for the purpose of enabling the pupil to attend any school in the district without payment of a non resident tuition charge commits a Class C misdemeanor (not more than thirty days in jail and/or fine not to exceed $1500.00)
SCHOOL CODE: 105KLCS 5/20.12B & 730 ILCS 5/5-9-1.
Below is a list of acceptable proofs of residency that are required to register a new student in Dolton School District 149. All documents must have an address within the Dolton School District 149 attendance boundaries.
- Original certified birth certificate
- Valid state issued I.D. or driver’s license
- Official transfer from the child’s previous school
- Current physical including record of immunizations
Category A: One (1) document from this list:
- Real estate tax bill
- Signed lease
- Mortgage document or payment book
- Residency Attestation
- Military housing letter
- Section 8 letter
Category B: Two (2) documents from this list:
- Utility bill (ie: gas bill, electric bill, water bill)
- Phone bill (no cell)
- Cable bill
- Vehicle registration
- Bank statement
- Public aid card/Medicaid card
- Food stamp card
- Credit card statement
- Paycheck stub
- City sticker receipt
The following information is being provided regarding a recently added requirement for students entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade from the Illinois Department of Public Health:
- Illinois Department of Public Health Information
- Illinois Department of Public Health Information (Spanish Version)