March 9, 2017
It has been reported that a predator is walking through the neighborhood near New Beginnings Learning Academy in Unincorporated South Holland. The police have been contacted and an information report has been made. The predator is asking students to follow him to an abandoned house on 155th and University to receive free sports paraphernalia.
Please talk to your child(ren) about going straight home after getting off of the school bus. Students should walk in groups or pairs. If you see someone suspicious wondering through the neighborhood contact the police immediately.
The safety of our children is our number one concern but we need your assistance in making sure your child does the following:
- Communicate every day about what happened to and from school. Communication is critical!
- Always use the “buddy system” or walk in groups. Never walk by yourself .
- Check with you first immediately after school before going somewhere.
- Get to know your child’s friends and make contact with their parents. Make sure you have phone numbers, etc. to get in touch with the parents of your child’s friends.
- If a predator grabs your child make sure they know how to Scream and Yell to attract the attention of others
- Be aware of your surroundings to avoid potentially dangerous situations.
- Don’t take shortcuts off the regular path, like through alleys or woods.
Let’s continue to work as a village to ensure our children are safe to and from school daily. We depend on our community and neighbors to be our eyes and ears.
We Believe . . . Excellence, Humanization, and Pride!
Dr. Shelly Davis Jones